Monday, July 20, 2015

Juicing Into The Unknown

So.....I really just learned about juicing within the last month or so.  I first heard about it from my husband's daughter and son-in-law, who came to visit and mentioned that they had been juicing.
Let me back up a little....I've never been a health food type person in the past.  I'd have to say that as soon as I had my eyes opened to the world of GMO's, is probably the first time I considered eating healthier (GMO free).  I haven't gotten to the point where I'm completely GMO free, but I've made changes in many of the things that I buy.
Also, around February of this year (2015), I started doing a morning health regime, which includes:

  • 1 tbls unrefined organic coconut oil
  • 1 tbls raw unfiltered unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (I usually just take a swig)
  • 1 tbls raw unfiltered honey
  • 3 almonds
  • 7 pistachios


I don't mix them or anything.  Each is taken seperately, and each has it's different variety of benefits.


So, back to juicing.  Once I had some time to start investigating juicers, I hopped onto Amazon and started the process of finding the right machine for my (our) needs.  Not too expensive, great ratings, easy to clean and quick to juice.  I found the one I was sure would work best, especially because of all the reviews.  I also kept coming across a recurring name being mentioned....Joe Cross.  Along with a recurring title.....Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead.  I decided to check out Netflix to see if this documentary was listed there, and to find out what the big hubbub was about.  And it was!  And it was very informative and eye opening.  So, needless to say, I was sold.  Not only on juicing, but on the machine I was going to purchase, as it just so happened to be the one that Joe Cross used in his travels for the documentary.

So this blog will be my diary of my own experience and journey into the juicing world.  I'm not obese or anything, but I do have some extra "baggage", especially in the tummy area.  If I muster up enough courage, I might show the before picture to kick off this journey.....but let me chew (or not chew) on that for a bit.

I actually just received my machine yesterday, and am planning to try a few juicing recipes with it this week.  Then, come next Monday, I will do a 6 day ONLY JUICE cleanse, using Joe Cross's "mean green juice fast" recipe.
So, for today, I just have a picture of my machine......along with the link to where I purchased it on Amazon.  I was not asked to do a review or promote this machine. I am not receiving anything for doing so.   I will be mentioning things I use, simply to document and share my experiences.

Breville Juice Fountain Plus

 Breville Juice Fountain Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment