Saturday, August 1, 2015

The First Day After......

First we'll start with the weigh ins:
Me: 129   <-----lost 3 lbs
Hubby: 168 <--lost 6 lbs

OK....so of course we know that now that we will be incorporating FOOD into our lives again, we will definitely probably gain it back.  But since we will still be juicing often, in the long wrong, we know we will be losing weight slowly and healthily.

What did we eat today?

Well, let me show you.
First of all, we both  JUICED this morning.

Then, the hubby had a Men's Breakfast at church to go to, so the dish he made was fried potatoes.  He let me sample a small portion.  YUM!!!!!  It didn't feel that great eating that first bite, as I had gotten so used to just eating/drinking only fruits and vegetables.  I chewed very slowly, swooshing it around in my mouth to reacquaint my mouth to it again. By the second or third bite, I was LOVING it!  Potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and Spam!  Mmmmmm.....my hubby had some too.

Then he was off!
After a bit, I had my bowl of cereal.  Half the size than I used to eat. (my cereal was my big crave during the fast)
And around 15 grapes.

HE HAD:

I can't even begin to tell you what's on this plate!  Oh, and this:
                                                                       COFFEE

I've only had water all day. {{ahem}}   But, to each his own, right?


And he brought home a cinnamon roll and a chocolate glazed donut.  Gee, thanks Honey!
I only ate 1/2 of the glazed donut:


And THIS was our dinner!

HIS:

He had already eaten some of it before I remembered to take pictures.  Carne asada wet burrito.
And of course we both had a few chips.  Water to drink for the both of us.

MINE:

And I had a mini shredded beef wet burrito.
I know it looks big in the picture, but it was tiny.  Something like 6" x 3".
With beans & rice

Yeah....we had fun being bad.  But hey!  It was our first day out!
Besides, our weekends are sort of our splurge days....so all in all, I don't think we did all that bad.
OH!  He just took a swig of Pepsi from the 2 liter in the fridge!  I really should have thrown that out, huh?  But at the same time, I believe we need to keep ourselves accountable too. Right?
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Everyday is a blessing from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment